Statement of Objectives
- Defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Uganda.
- Build adequate and credible defense capacity to address external threats and in the medium term assist in maintaining internal security.
- Create a productive and self-sustaining force.
- Ensure adherence to and furtherance of international obligations.
- Ensure continuation and strengthening of the Defense forces that has respect for Human Rights.
- Create military alliances to enhance regional security and stability
- Maintain national cohesion.
- Promote co-operation with the East African countries, which share common political, economic, social and cultural values, and interests.
- Support regional and continental integration through the East African Community and African Union.