UPDF Modernisation Themes
- Equipped and trained for combat and peace support operations,
- Sustainability and logistic support,
- Joint/combined operations,
- Technology and doctrine,
- Policy and planning,
- Procurement and infrastructure,
- Personnel and welfare.
Functions of the Defence Forces
- To preserve and defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Uganda;
- To cooperate with the civilian authority in emergency situations and in cases of natural disasters
- To foster harmony and understanding between the defence forces and civilians; and
- To engage in productive activities for the development of Uganda.